PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: To work with the Senior Pastor to vision, plan, develop, coordinate and conduct a comprehensive music program for weekly worship services and church-wide ministry/mission’s events.
- Must be a mature and growing disciple of Jesus according to the qualifications of a Deacon at minimum.
- Must be a proficient lead worshiper who is also able to lead and recruit a team of musicians, singers, and tech volunteers and as needed.
- Must plan worship services, in partnership with the senior pastor, with prayer and theological accuracy.
- Must be a committed churchman, who, along with his family (if applicable), invest in the life of the church body by attending the gatherings of the church (Small Groups, fellowship events, corporate prayer, members meetings) and works for its health, growth, and unity.
- Must be aligned with the church’s Statement of Faith, membership covenant, mission statement, core values, and philosophy of ministry.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Must work well with others and treat them with respect, gentleness, consideration, truth, and love. Must be teachable and able to work under authority.
- Must do his work heartily, as unto the Lord.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have some experience leading musical worship and must supply the names of references for whom and with whom he has worked, including one or more of his current pastors/elders.
- Select appropriate and diverse music for all services/events -Direct all music groups and congregational singing
- Coordinate & provide music for special projects, events, and related activities -Recruit and direct all musicians selected to lead church services
- Develop individuals and groups to assist in meaningful worship elements
- Coordinate the performance schedules of music groups and individuals for church sponsored activities
- Renew appropriate music and performance licenses on behalf of the church
- Supervise the maintenance of a church music library
- Provide musical materials to vocalists and instrumentalists involved in services
- Stay informed on current music movements and methods, utilizing them where needed -Cooperate with association & state conventions to promote mutual interest activities
- Prepare and administer the Music Program budget
SUPERVISION & COMPENSATION: this part-time position is directly responsible to the Senior Pastor. Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.